Most people will notice your smile as one of the first features they notice about you. What if a tooth requires minor treatment to make your smile shine? A dental veneer can help to improve your smile in this situation. Dental veneers are a wonderful option for treating a wide range of physical and cosmetic dental concerns.
What are dental veneers?
Before we begin, here is an overview of dental veneers. Dental veneers (also known as porcelain veneers) are wafer-thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored materials that are used to improve the appearance of teeth by covering the front surface. These shells, which are bonded to the front of the teeth, can modify the color, form, size, or length of the teeth.
What are the types of veneers?
Discover the 3 easy tips to care for your dental veneers. Veneers are classified into two types: porcelain and resin-based composite.
- Porcelain veneers – Porcelain veneers are a durable, thin cap that a dentist can apply on the tops and sides of teeth. The dentist will remove some enamel from the tooth before attaching them. Porcelain veneers are the same color as natural teeth, although they can be made whiter to improve the smile.
- Resin-based composite veneers – Resin-based composite veneers look and function similarly to porcelain veneers, but they are less expensive and needless enamel removal. A dentist may not have to remove any enamel before inserting the composite veneer in some cases. If a composite veneer is chipped or damaged, it is usually easier to replace than a porcelain veneer.
What are the benefits of dental veneers?
- They cosmetically improve the appearance of your teeth and instantly modify your appearance.
- Have whiter-looking teeth, and veneers can make crooked teeth appear straighter.
- Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant compared to natural teeth.
- There are numerous non-invasive and no-preparation options.
- It is nearly impossible to distinguish between veneers and natural teeth.
- Veneers shield the underlying tooth from damage.
Who is a Good Candidate for Dental Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are an excellent choice for many dental patients. Some of the symptoms that you are a good candidate for veneers are listed below.
Your teeth are badly stained
While contemporary teeth whitening treatments are successful in addressing mild to moderate cases of discoloration, whitening products will not remove deeper stains. Porcelain veneers can be used to cover stains, including internal discoloration caused by decay or old fillings.
You have a few minor cosmetic flaws
Porcelain veneers are excellent for covering crooked teeth, fissures, and chipping. While dental bonding can help with these concerns, veneers provide the most lifelike solution.
You have good overall oral health
Make sure you have healthy gums and teeth before undergoing any cosmetic dentistry surgery. However, after the appropriate restorative therapy, you can still acquire veneers.
Plenty of Tooth Enamel
Veneer attaches to your enamel. While some enamel must be removed to make place for the porcelain, the underlying layer stays intact. If there is insufficient enamel, the veneer will not have a strong enough surface to adhere correctly.
We hope you found this blog useful in learning more about veneers. If you’re seeking the best cosmetic dentistry service in Norman, OK, contact our dentists at Brammer Dental. Book your appointment today.